Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tender Mercy


I had a neat thing happen to me tonight. One of those things that you think might be a prompting but you're not sure so you follow it just in case...

I was ordering some pictures on Walmart.com for a photo book for my mother-in-law's Birthday (100 photos to be exact) and got to the confirmation page. You have to understand that I really NEVER print off the confirmation page even though it says print for your records. I set up and pay for things online all the time and I think I save a lot of trees by not printing that page every time. Anyway, I got to the page this time and had an idea (now I KNOW it was a prompting) to print the page and take it with me to pick up my prints, even though I couldn't even think of a plausible reason why I would need it.

Fast forward a few hours and I'm at Walmart with the prints in front of me and the cashier is telling me I owe just over $20. I was a little surprised because my total before taxes online was $10 exactly and I'm sure that taxes haven't gone up that much. After some confusion on both ends and the cashier telling me that the ones I ordered were $ .19 and not $ .10 like I thought they were I remembered that I had the confirmation page in the diaper bag and pulled it out to show the cashier. Now she was confused, but after a few minutes she realized the mistake that had been made and I was able to leave with my prints (which were really only $10.69) and save almost $10. I'm glad that I followed the prompting.

As I was paying she mentioned something about the shirt I was wearing, a girl's camp shirt that says "All things bear witness of Him". And as you can see, they do!

1 comment:

  1. Great story! I love it when I feel like I was helped. I also really love it when I realize it, instead of just thinking it just happened...

    ReplyDelete